I can give you a beautiful website, as other web designers may be able to do.
But what sets me apart is that I can use my extensive business and marketing background to make sure your site will bring maximum results — more leads, sales, and profits for you.
My Business & Marketing Expertise Can Benefit You
AFFORDABLE WEB SERVICES
When you work with me you’ll get unquestionable cost savings compared to most other web designers and agencies.
I primarily serve entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profits, so I completely appreciate your need to conserve resources.
My rates are just a fraction of what most designers charge.
Custom Web Design
Beautiful, contemporary, custom designs at a fraction of the cost you’d normally pay. All fully-responsive and mobile ready.
Everything from SEO to Social Media Marketing — I can help you determine a strategy and give clear advice on exactly what you’ll need to succeed.
If you’re a DIY’er and just need answers when you’re stuck, I’m just a phone call away.
I’ve “been there, done that” so can understand your challenges and think like an entrepreneur along with you.
I support entrepreneurs and small businesses.
When your site is done, I don’t just abandon you. I offer low-cost solutions to keep your site updated and secure.
You can feel good about your website being taken care of.
Social Media Marketing
Establish a profitable social media presence with my expert advice.
Search Engine Optimization
Make sure your site stands out in search engines. I can measure and improve your SEO friendliness.
Structure your site in the best way possible to sell your physical or digital products.
More Leads and Sales
Improve your conversion rates and make your website a sophisticated marketing tool.
I’m very responsive and communicate openly, honestly, and promptly.
I’m dependable and conduct my business affairs with good judgment and respect.
Some of My Recent Work
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it going to cost?
It’s difficult to give you an exact quote until you tell me more about what your needs and desires are. However, I offer very low rates compared to other designers and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the value. Some other minor costs you can expect:
- A domain name if you don’t already have one. They’re usually $10 or $15 per year.
- A hosting service to host your website once it’s finished. Good, high-quality hosting, which I insist on, usually costs around $10 to $29 per month. I buy hosting packages in bulk and offer it to my clients at cost — just $10 per month.
- I offer an extremely low cost service of updating all of the software that I’ve used when building your site.Besides the core software, on average I use about 10 to 20 plugins (add-on software tools) in order to build your site and make it functional. All of these software tools are revised by their authors periodically, and so must be updated since they are still in use as your site continues to do its job. It’s a very real security threat to leave your site go without updates since many hackers try to get in via outdated software gaps.I will also monitor any attempted threats in order to protect your site from all other forms of intrusion. If you use my hosting plan and malware has destroyed your site, it will be fixed at NO CHARGE.I will also make redundant backups of your site as an extra precautionary measure and store them securely in the cloud or on my local servers. So you will end up with 2 back-up copies at all times.This service is only $3 per month when purchased in conjunction with my hosting plans.
- There may be other costs for special software (plugins) that are required to build or run your site, but that’s unlikely. If needed, these plugins usually cost around $30.
- If you choose to, you can take advantage of an array of optional services, e.g. SEO, digital marketing consulting, or WordPress coaching — that I charge extra for.
How long will it take?
That depends on both of us. It’s a team effort.
You need to write and pull together your content, which takes more time than most people realize, especially if this is your first website. And I need to manage my time effectively, which is usually allocated to 3 or 4 other clients at any given time. We can talk about your deadlines and my workload as we begin the process.
By way of example, some sites I’ve done took 3 weeks, and some have taken 6 months. A lot depends on the size of the project, and how fast you supply the content to me.
Can I make changes to the website once it's done?
Yes — if you are so inclined and feel at ease with computing in general. Posting your own blogs is the most common thing that many clients want to do on their own. I can make short training videos for you to watch and rewatch as needed, to learn those aspects of maintenance that you want to do yourself.
If you don’t want the hassle of learning and updating things on your own, I offer low-cost maintenance and support packages.
I’ll never leave you stranded as long as you are my client. You can call me with most questions or purchase a support package.
What are your terms of payment?
If you decide to engage me on an hourly basis (most common), I would require a very small deposit of around $100 to $300, and then invoice you for hours worked every other week.
If you decide you want me to work on a fixed price basis (very rare), then I would require you to pay 1/3 down, 1/3 upon 60% completion, and 1/3 upon final completion.
All invoices are due upon receipt. I accept cash, checks, credit cards, and Paypal.
Will you help me with the content of my website?
I am not a writer, and most likely you are an expert in your field, so it only makes sense for you to write what you want to say to your audience.
I can advise you on current trends in writing for the web to help ensure that your content gets read by your site visitors. And I always layout your content to make your site is “user friendly” and very readable.
Can you help me find photos?
If desired, I can help you find relevant, high-quality, royalty-free stock photos for your site. “A picture’s worth a thousand words” is often true when website visitors are very hurried and just want to scan your site to determine if spending more time there is worth it.
I have a knack for finding the best photos that help convey your message. And over the years I have developed many sources to go to when searching for photos.
WANT TO GET STARTED?
Just share with me a little about your vision, goals, and challenges and you’ll get:
- a free half-hour consultation on any of your current challenges
- a free one-hour planning session around the structure and purpose of your new website
I’m excited to learn more about you and your business!
More Happy Clients
"You are really amazing. Thank you. Wow, you were the perfect fit to do my website for me. Your infinite flexibility with all of my “not sures,” your sense of color and design, and your openness to trying new things. I am overwhelmed by your professionalism. Thank you!"Mary Roche
"Don, seriously -- you have outdone yourself. This is more than I could have ever imagined. I was worried about the color choices when we talked by phone, but they are beautiful and so warm and inviting. Stunning. I mean just stunning. I'm just very thankful! You are incredible!"Katie Douglas
"Wow Don -- you have done an outstanding creation for me! Not just a website, but a true work of art. You brought enormous creativity, clear business-like communication, and sound knowledge to my unique project. We are so happy. Your work is just beautiful."Peter R. Clemens
Request an Estimate
We start with a simple phone call to determine if we’re a good fit for each other. I can provide you with a cost estimate once I get a clear idea of your needs and desires. If we’re both interested in moving forward we can discuss the next steps. That’s it. No pressure.
Call me now: 641-919-0871
Or get in touch by email: email@example.com
Or simply use the contact form here.
I respect your privacy and will never share your information.